Off to College? Great! Now what do you need to know? Mark your calendar for Thursday evening, May 23 at 6:30 PM and join guest speaker Sharon Harris, MBA Independent Educational Consultant as she helps students and parents prepare to go to college. So much effort goes into being accepted to a college of choice that students often don't think beyond acceptance. This workshop will explain how to plan during those few remaining months before students actually leave home and "strike out to find fame and fortune.." Topics will include:
- Keeping up with the accepted student 'Checklist'.
- Managing your money and building a budget.
- Finding campus resources that can help you navigate to success and manage daily life challenges.
One week later on Thursday, May 30th at 6:30 PM, Sharon Harris will again be here to present a College Admissions Workshop. Joined by James Gatto of Seacoast Tutors, they will lead students and parents through the college admissions process. Find out how to jump start college admissions during your summer vacation by answering these important questions:
- Have you created a list of schools to investigate?
- What criteria should you use for narrowing the list?
- Have you scheduled campus visitations? --- Should you?
- Should your visit include a meeting with an admissions representative?
- Which admissions test is a better fit for you, the SAT or the ACT?
- What are the pros and cons of test optional schools?
- What’s the difference between Score Choice and Superscoring?
- What’s the difference between early admissions & early acceptance?
- When should I request letters of recommendation? Whom should I ask?